收起左侧

[英文] 《The Deadlier Weapon》作者: - Larry Niven【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-3 09:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Deadlier WeaponBy Larry Niven He was standing just off Overland Drive at the mouth of the on-ramp to the Santa Monica Freeway eastbound. He waited with an air of ready confidence and his thumbsmanship seemed practiced. His placement was perfect. A few yards further up the ramp and no car could have stopped for him without being hit by the car behind. A few yards closer and no driver would have known which route he wanted: the freeway or the street going past the ramp. That was what caught my attention: the perfect placement not too far not too near. A traveler for sure. I dropped my arm out the window to signal hit the brakes and pulled up an easy foot and a half beyond him. He was running before the car stopped. I pulled the lock knob and he threw the door open and was in grinning wasting no time. Good again. Nobody waits for a lazy hitchhiker you trot or you dont ride. As soon as he was in I swung between two cars and headed up the ramp accelerating. The traffic wasnt bad not at three in the afternoon. Still when you enter a freeway you concentrate on the traffic. Everything else gets ignored. I hardly knew what my passenger looked like Id seen only a poised silhouette with its thumb raised against the afternoon sky. But I gave him points again. He didnt speak until I was firmly settled in the middle-right lane and could afford to relax a little. I dont pick up riders often. When I do I follow the whim of the moment. The ones who look chatty when I want peace and quiet and the ones who look glum or taciturn when Im after conversation-- these get left standing. I like the unusual ones the ones who seem to have a kind of salesmanship. Six months ago thered been a college girl on Wilshire carrying a bright red Christmas package almost as big as she was. She was homesick for Kansas. Shed told me what freezing rains are like when water falls from the sky at night and freezes where it hits so that in the morning all the trees and bushes are tinkling crystal crackling in the wind. That would be something to see. But I expect I never will. Once thered been a Negro on the
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 08:22 , Processed in 2.092525 second(s), 54 queries .